News, Reviews, Opinions, Rumors, & Polls...The home to all things Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii!

Weekly Schedule

Monday - VC Mondays!
Tuesday - Weekly Poll & Results
Wednesday - Wiikly Review (Wii/VC)
Thursday - North American PSN Updates
Friday - Weekly Review (PS3/PSN)
Saturday - "The Rant" weekly editorial
Sunday - Deals of the Week & Release Schedule

Coming Soon - Audio Podcasts & Mailbag!

How are you playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekly Releases - February 24, 2008

After a few slow weeks since DMC 4 & Turok, February will go out with a bang for PS3. It is time to get Lost.....

Playstation 3
  • Lost: Via Domus
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
  • Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
  • History Channel: Battle for Pacific

Nintendo Wii

  • Sega Bass Fishing
  • Jumper
  • Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed

Well it is a big week for PS3, the Wii.....not so much. To start with the Wii, we are once again stuck with ports and licensed games. I never recommend movie tie-in games, so Jumper is out. I actually liked Sega Bass Fishing, when I played it on the Dreamcast about 7 years ago! This game is just a cheap port in which you use the wiimote as a fishing rod instead of the old Sega fishing rod controller, which actually worked pretty well back in the Y2K era. I could never get into the Destroy All Humans! series, so if you really don't need a new Wii game this week, surely you can wait until sometime in March for a good game to buy.

Now with regards to the PS3, this is a big week. I am a fan of Lost, so I plan on renting this game for a quick playthrough in the next week or so (afte I get 120 Stars in Mario Galaxy), I will let you know how it is. Now with the release of Lost Planet, the 360 loses an exclusive from Jan. 2007, which is always a good thing for a PS3 fanboy. After playing the delayed Lost Planet multiplayer demo, I thought the multiplayer was alright, nothing spectactular and I have not heard anything great about the single player, but this is another game that I would give a chance with a rental or just buying it on the cheap (it is a value title at $39.99). I would totally stay away from any game that is licensed by the History Channel. Until next week...Keep Playing!

No comments: